Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-8 of 8
City Hall; What hours are you open?
8 AM to 5 PM Monday thru Friday (except holidays)
Work request for various items; Where do I go to make one?
Requests for City Services can be made through the Connect Fort Dodge app and website, powered by SeeClickFix. Click the link below for more information.
Tree trimming in the city limits; is the City responsible?
The City of Fort Dodge, retains a full time Forester on the staff of the Parks and Recreation Department. The City is responsible for trimming and removing trees, at the Forester's Discretion, on city property, city streets, alleys and on parking areas. The city is NOT responsible for trees on private property under any situation. Click the link below to request a tree to be trimmed or removed.
Public Right-of-Way; What is it?
The public right-of-way (ROW) is municipal property designated for general public use. It consists of public improvements and private utilities. Examples of public improvements include streets, sidewalks, sewers, water mains and street lights. ROW often specifically refers to the area between the public sidewalk (or property line) and the curb line of the street. While this is consider city property, the adjacent property owner is responsible to the maintenance of this area. Additionally, any and all work performed in the ROW requires a permit and may be required to be performed by a registered ROW contractor.
Public Right-of-Way; Where is it?
The public right-of-way includes the street and an area of land between the street and the legal property line. The legal property line is typically in the vicinity of the back of the public walk. (This is the side of the walk, closest to your home or business)
Public Right-of-Way; What responsibilities does a homeowner have in this area?
The property owner must keep the area free from holes, depressions, ridges or obstruction that could cause injury. This includes maintenance and snow removal on sidewalks and mowing of grass.
Planting within the Public Right-of-Way; What are my options?
Citizens are encouraged to contact the Forestry Department at 515-573-5791 before they plant any trees, bushes or anything other than grass and low ground cover in the right-of-way. Some trees are not approved for right-of-way planting. Citizens should be aware that anything planted in City right-of-way can be removed for construction or maintenance.
Chamber of Commerce is the Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance; How do I contact them?
Call 515-955-5500, or visit their website.
Results 1-8 of 8

Contact Us

David Fierke, City Manager
City Hall
(More Like This)
819 1st S Ave
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Get Directions

  • Phone: (515) 573-7144
  • Fax: (515) 573-5751
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    Monday - Friday
    8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

Stay Connected:

Facebook Twitter Click to Take A Video Tour of Fort Dodge