Nuisance Complaints within the city limits of Fort Dodge include:

  • Junk in yards, including: garbage, debris, construction materials, tires, mattresses, household furniture, appliances, tvs, brush piles and etc.
  • Tall grass/weeds that have grown to over 10" in length
  • Vehicles, including: junk, unlicensed or parked in the front yard on the owner's property
  • Property Maintenance Code violations

All of the above complaints can be submitted by texting "NUISANCE" to (515) 408-9888.

Please note that vehicles parked on the street for more than 24 hours or vehicles parked across sidewalks should be reported to the Police Non-Emergency number ((515) 573-2323)

Issues not addressed in nuisance code:

  • Sump pumps (Contact Engineering)
  • Garbage or recycling receptacles (Contact Public Works)
  • Animal waste (Contact Police Non-Emergency)
  • Junk or unlicensed vehicles in the right-of-way area and street (Contact Police Non-Emergency)
  • Generators/noise complaints (Contact Zoning or Police Non-Emergency)
  • Living in campers (Contact Zoning)
  • Maintenance of City owned properties (Contact Business Affairs regarding structures and Parks and Rec for grass/trees and City parks)
  • Repair shops or businesses run out of a home (Contact Zoning)

Contact Us

In this Department

Topics of Interest

Topics of Interest

More Information

Stay Connected:

Facebook Twitter Click to Take A Video Tour of Fort Dodge